- First two magazines to go interactive are the essential fashion and beauty read L’Officiel Singapore in September and the premier men’s magazine Men’s Folio Singapore in October.
- Readers will be able to unveil exclusive content, access videos, claim offers, and make purchases by scanning their copy of the magazines with the iQNECT app on their smartphone.
SINGAPORE, 2016-Aug-30 — /EPR Network/ — Today Heart Media announced an innovative new content platform for its L’Officiel Singapore and Men’s Folio Singapore magazine brands through a partnership with the Singapore-based iQNECT, a developer of visual discovery and search platforms.
Launching with the September and October editions, L’Officiel Singapore and Men’s Folio Singapore will offer a new experience to the readers: magazines with links to exclusive content such as videos, partner content, and m-commerce opportunities straight from the pages of the magazines. The partnership between one of Asia’s fastest growing media and publishing houses and the developer of world leading visual recognition technology aims to connect the print and digital experience.
Accessing the interactive content is simple:
- Download the free ‘iQNECT‘ app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and hover it over any page of the participating magazines.
- Start discovering!
Apart from enhancing the reader’s experience and enjoyment of the magazine, the visual discovery technology captures the critical moment when the consumer is at the peak of her interest providing additional opportunities, including the ability to instantly buy and to carry selected content away on their phone.
Olivier Burlot, Chief Executive Officer and Publisher of Heart Media, commented:
“I am excited about the possibilities of iQNECT’s new technology, which is something the market needs. It will change how consumers shop and how media support advertisers’ goals. iQNECT is the next-generation equal-opportunity m-commerce app, benefitting everyone.”
iQNECT’s Chief Commercial Officer, Ruari McGirr explained:
“Photographing something you like is already a very common habit. iQNECT’s visual discovery platform allows Heart Media to monetise this behaviour in a clearly quantifiable way that increases reader engagement with both editorial content and advertisements. Our technology enhances readers’ experience by instantaneously connecting them with content and m-commerce options that relate exactly to what they have in their hands.”
About Heart Media
HEART MEDIA, the publisher of WOW, WOW Jewellery, L’OFFICIEL Singapore, L’OFFICIEL Malaysia, L’OFFICIEL HOMMES Singapore, MEN’S FOLIO Singapore, MEN’S FOLIO Malaysia, ART REPUBLIK and LUXUO.COM is committed to publishing market leading magazines and digital media which connect with the region’s affluent and brand-conscious consumers through their chosen lifestyle activities. Heart Media’s titles have established solid reputations in their respective sectors with illustrious track records. Each one has built a strong market presence across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and SEA.
Founded in 2014, iQNECT is the fastest, most accurate and most scalable image and video recognition platform of its kind. iQNECT creates direct links between users and brands, bringing consumers either to brands’ secondary content or m-commerce channel. iQNECT’s visual discovery technology portfolio includes:
- Image Matching: Scan a magazine, product packaging or promotional material and be brought to online content or m-commerce channel in the blink of an eye.
- Video Recognition. Scan pre-recorded or live television shows and adverts to get linked to exclusive second screen content or m-commerce portals.
- Fashion Search. Take a photo of clothing you like on a person, on TV or in a magazine and identify and purchase all similar items immediately through your smartphone.