- Globally, India has emerged as one of the top ten markets for the GLS
- The GLS 400 4MATIC is the 8th car to be launched this year by Mercedes-Benz India and is offered as a CBU | Local production to commence by end of the year
- Mercedes-Benz further strengthens the SUV portfolio with the launch of GLS 400 4MATIC | The choice widens for customers as they can now choose between petrol and a diesel variant for the new GLS
- Exceptional Performance: The GLS 400 4MATIC features a V6 petrol engine that delivers 245 kW (333 hp) and 480 Nm of torque available at as low as 1600 rpm
- The 9-G TRONIC 9-Speed automatic transmission, ensures seamless delivery of power, enhances performance and enables higher fuel efficiency
- The GLS 400 4MATIC will be available in two colours: Polar White and Obsidian Black
- The GLS 400 4MATIC is equipped with the Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system, COMAND Online and Apple CarPlay™ as standard
- The Mercedes-Benz GLS 400 4MATIC is priced at Rs. 82.90 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
Pune, India, 2016-Sep-22 — /EPR Network/ — The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz completed its petrol portfolio with the launch of the ‘S-Class of the SUVs’, the GLS 400 4MATIC. Powered by a V6 petrol engine, customers will now have the choice to choose between the diesel and petrol versions of the GLS. This 7 seater full-size luxury SUV is the favorite among the customers and is renowned for its spaciousness, ride comfort, agile dynamics and best-in-class safety features. The GLS 400 4MATIC makes it way to the Indian shores in just three months of the introduction of the diesel variant, underlining Mercedes-Benz India’s strategy of introducing the best products from the global portfolio in the shortest possible time. The GLS 400 4MATIC was launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and will be available for sale across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships.
Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “With the launch of the GLS 400 4MATIC, we have now completed our petrol portfolio for the Indian market. The introduction of the GLS 400 4MATIC is a strategic move as it gives the customers the flexibility to choose between the petrol and the diesel variants of their popular SUV. The GLS offers its occupants class leading luxury experience that no other full-size luxury SUV can match in this segment. This is also the fifth SUV variant we introduced this year, further bolstering our SUV portfolio which remains the most comprehensive in the luxury car segment. Our SUV segment has seen the maximum growth for the past two years and we are confident that this trend will continue.”
“It remains our endeavour to continuously drive value by adding new products and adding new variants to retain customer interest in the brand. We have four more products to be introduced in the coming months, including ones without any predecessor. With the upcoming festive season and a resurgence of customer sentiment, we have a positive outlook for the remainder of the year.” Mr. Folger added.
Technical specifications of the GLS 400 4MATIC
|Technical Specifications||GLS 400 4MATIC|
|Arrangement / No. of Cylinders||V6|
|Total displacement (cc)||2996|
|Rated output (kW [hp] @ rpm)||245|| / 5250-6000|
|Rated torque (Nm @ rpm)||480||/ 1600 – 4000|
|Top speed approx. (km/h)||240|
Feature highlights of the Mercedes-Benz GLS 400 4MATIC:
Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system
Carefully matched technical components and Logic 7® technology from Harman Kardon guarantee unmistakably authentic surround sound. Passengers in all seats enjoy an enthralling 360-degree sound experience for both stereo and also 5.1 multi-channel recordings. The sound system with its 14 high-performance loudspeakers is specially matched to the particular acoustic conditions in the vehicle. The powerful high-performance DSP amplifier is equipped with a digital signal processor (DSP) which uses its high computing power to control the frequency response and to guarantee a harmonious acoustic sound. In addition, speed-sensitive volume control helps to ensure a uniform audio experience by continuously matching the volume to the vehicle’s speed.
The innovative DYNAMIC SELECT dynamic handling control system of the GLS offers up to five driving modes for an unparalleled driving experience. The DYNAMIC SELECT changes parameters such as the characteristics of engine, transmission, steering and suspension.
The five different driving modes are ‘Comfort’, ‘Sport’, ‘Slippery’, ‘Individual’ and ‘Off-road’.
Supreme safety for all seven occupants
A host of active and passive safety features relieve the burden on the driver and protect the occupants of the GLS. As standard on the GLS are the PRE-SAFE® system, BAS Brake Assist, the electronic all-wheel drive traction system 4ETS, ESP® with Curve Dynamic Assist and cruise control. Optimal protection potential is provided by the passive occupant protection systems together with the “electronic crumple zones” of the assistance systems and the intelligent body design. Adaptive, two-stage airbags for driver and front passenger, side bags for driver, front passenger and the middle row seats (combined thorax/pelvis bags) and window bags across all three seat rows are also part of the standard specification. In addition, the GLS is fitted with three-point safety belts on all seven seats.
Other key features of the GLS 400 4MATIC
- 9-G TRONIC: 9-Speed automatic transmission
- DYNAMIC SELECT with 5 modes: Comfort, Sport, Slippery, Individual and Off-road
- Panoramic sunroof
- Full LED headlamps with Intelligent Light System
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive system
- AIRMATIC suspension with Adaptive Dampening System (ADS) Plus
- New generation telematics (NTG 5*1)
- COMAND Online with 20.3 cm (8-inches) high resolution media display and Touchpad
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlayTM
- Mirror package with brand logo projection
- Memory package for driver and front passenger
About Mercedes-Benz India:
For more details, please visit http://www.sundarammotorscoimbatore.in/
Media Contact: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd.:
Paul Anand | email@example.com |+91 9840965231