San Diego, CA, August 28, 2013, 7:46 am -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- Astute NetworksTM, Inc., the leading provider of Networked FlashTM, today announced significant company milestones as the demand for all flash storage continues to experience strong momentum. To accommodate its rapid expansion, the company today also announced the opening of its new Silicon Valley office to support the growth of its sales and marketing teams to address the increased demand for its Astute ViSX Performance Storage Appliance, a product regarded for its ability to deliver superior scalability and performance for today's business-critical applications.
Astute Networks' rapid growth can be largely attributed to significant customer acquisition in key vertical industries including federal government and military, education, healthcare, and manufacturing..
“The difference in performance between our existing storage array and the ViSX appliance was like night and day,” said Hussein Sh-Ibrahim, IT Director for Professional Healthcare Resources. “The ViSX deployment was very easy and the entire solid state solution was surprisingly affordable. Productivity and efficiency is up, and our employees can now quickly access patient data like never before. Backups that used to take four to five hours now complete in less than an hour, enabling us to perform other backups that we were not able to do before. If you want fast performance quickly, get ViSX.”
Other key milestones Astute Networks has achieved during the first half of 2013 include:
· The expansion of its ViSX Family of all flash performance storage appliances which make flash storage cost effective for SME and SMB customers alike
· Secured independent Demartek Lab Evaluation of Astute Networks iSCSI Flash Storage Appliance which determined that the ViSX solution, powered by its' patented DataPump EngineTM processor, speeds up application performance and delivers up to five times the performance and price/performance advantage over the competitive iSCSI-based storage arrays for I/O intensive database and VDI applications
· Expansion of the AstuteNET Partner Program with sales resources, marketing programs and support services to fuel channel sales for the industry's most innovative, cost-effective flash storage offering – the ViSX family of Performance Storage Appliances
To date this year Astute has also received the following awards and accolades:
• Named a 2013 Emerging Technology Vendor by UBM Tech Channel's CRN Magazine for the second consecutive year
• Recognized as one of “The 10 Coolest Flash Storage Products Of 2013” by UBM Tech Channel's CRN Magazine
• Selected as one of UBM Tech Channel's CRN 2013 Top Channel Chiefs
• Named a Finalist for the Red Herring North America Top 100 AwardTop 100 Awards
“Today's VDI and critical applications in and out of the Cloud demand high performance for users which is where the Astute ViSX Performance Storage Appliance really shines. It delivers up to five times better performance and cost per IOPS – and is ideally suited for I/O intensive database, Big Data, and VDI applications. With the market leading performance of our ViSX solution, customers across multiple markets are seeing rapid business benefits and value,” said Bob MacKnight, CEO, Astute Networks. “To support our rapid growth we are pleased to be opening our new Silicon Valley location as we expand our sales and marketing team to support our business objectives for 2013 and beyond.”
The address for Astute Networks' new sales and marketing headquarters is 2360-C Qume Drive San Jose, CA 95131. A list of open company positions in the areas of sales, engineering and marketing can be found at: http://www.astutenetworks.com/company/careers/.
Tweet this: @astutenetworks achieves record growth
Follow Astute on Twitter at http://twitter.com/astutenetworks
About Astute Networks
Astute is the leading provider of Networked FlashTM appliances that accelerate application performance by 10x or more, enhance user productivity and lower IT costs for physical and virtual environments. The company's ViSX family of Networked Flash appliances is based on a 100% solid state flash technology that cost–effectively delivers a high number of sustained IOPS to dramatically increase application performance. Powered by its patented DataPump Engine™, ViSX overcomes performance limitations by non-disruptively delivering shared performance to all servers and virtual machines over pervasively deployed Ethernet networks. ViSX is available through the company's network of authorized AstuteNet channel partners. For more information, visit www.astutenetworks.com.
Astute Networks, Networked flash, ViSX, DataPump Engine, and FlashWRX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Astute Networks, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.