October 21, 2013, 10:10 am -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- In the context of the dynamic climate changes and continuously rising prices of conventional energy sources, now more than ever a necessity of urgent upgrade of the global energy systems with aim to make ready it for meeting the numerous future challenges comes to the fore. A Report of the International Energy Agency emphasizes that the renewables as the fastest-growing power generation sector will make up almost a quarter of the global power mix by 2018 and they will become more competitive than the nuclear and coal power energy. The forecast for growth of 40 % over the next five years sounds very optimistic.
The improving of the energy efficiency and green energy are key priorities in the policies of the countries of South-East Europe, which will ensure energy independence, reducing the negative impact on the human health and environment.
The Region features a great hydropower potential of which only 40% is used. According to experts if it is utilized, the countries can meet 100% of their energy needs with hydropower. South-East Europe has also a good geothermal energy prospects and excellent solar radiation. Well-developed agriculture and forestry industries, availability of organic waste are a prerequisite for the promotion of bioenergy.
Significant energy saving can be achieved by investing in renovations of the buildings and implementation of ‘Nearly Zero-Energy Building' conception.
For the 10th consecutive year Sofia will host the Exhibition on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy with a geographical focus South-East Europe. It corresponds to the world trends and presents latest energy efficient solutions, systems for energy storage, technologies for the production of bio-, hydro, solar, geothermal and wind energy, energy from waste and electric vehicle innovation. The EE & RE Congress will bring together all relevant players from the Region: from the energy sector, grid operators and utilities, building industry, finance and state administration. It will emphasize the best environmental practices and will shape the challenges in the energy sector in South-East Europe.
Philip Lowe, Director-General for Energy, DG Energy EC, estimated the 2013 event as a key energy hub that can help Europe's Energy policy to become more tangible and even more appealing. According to him the Exhibition is an ideal opportunity to show the importance of EE & RE industry in the European energy system.
The 2013 Issue at a Glance
- Austrian Pavilion for the fourth year
- Group participation of companies from Italy and Slovenia within the project ICON
- Among the exhibitors were Biogest Energie-und Wassertechnik, Cink Hydro - Energy, Global Hydro Energy, Embassy of Argentina, European Patent Office, Filter, Heliocentris Academia, HERZ Energietechnik, IRES Bulgaria, JR Trade, K.Chepakov, Long Man Holding, Nahtec, Paradise Electric Consult, Trade and Investment Promotion Section of the Republic of Poland, Ziehl-Abegg, etc.
- Keynote speakers from the European Commission – DG Energy, Buildings Performance Institute Europe, European Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, European Renewable Energies Federation, Bulgarian Green Building Council, European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency in Buildings, etc.
- Comprehensive program with main sessions: Building Integrated Photovoltaics, Smart Buildings and SE European potential for agricultural, landfill & wastewater
5-7 March 2014, Sofia, BulgariaCongress & Exhibition
Energy Efficiency Renewable Energy
Organizer: Via Expo