Footwear China – Specification of Marking and Packaging Labeling Requirements
Released on: January 23, 2015, 3:09 pm
Apparel & Fashion
Hong Kong, China, January 23, 2015 -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- QB/T 2673-2013 <Footwear- specification of marking > is a basic standard which has been widely used, and cited on most footwear products sold in China. Effective on 1 July 2014, QB/T 2673-2013 <Footwear- specification of marking> standard superseded the QB/T 2673-2004 version.
It is critical that all content relating to product identification be concise, accurate, scientific and easy to understand. Product marking must be presented honestly and reflect the real nature of the product and must not mislead the consumer.
Consistent Footwear Labeling Is Required
Labeling on the footwear, inner packaging and outer packaging must be consistent (i.e. not contradictory). Punitive damages for consumer fraud can be up to three times the value of the product, Compensation amount is less than five hundred Yuan, as otherwise provided by law, in accordance with its rules. The labeling elements must include the following and are summarized:
- Trademark – any trademark relating to the product must be shown.
- Product name – this must detail the user (men, women, children, etc) and end-use/function.
- Chinese shoe size – footwear must clearly show the Chinese shoe size according to GB/T 3293.1-1998 given either as length and width in millimeters in round numbers (e.g. 260-94) or length in millimeters in round numbers and Style Number in parentheses (e.g. 245 (2)).
- Main Construction materials – any material which makes up at least 80% of the surface area of the upper, lining and in sock may be marked, but the upper must be declared. Where natural leather is used to make the upper then the actual type of leather (animal type) and quality (eg split leather) must be clearly marked. The outsole must be described based on that material which constitutes 80% or more by volume. If no material makes up 80% then the two or more major materials should be described in order of quantity.
- Place of origin – for items manufactured in China the actual province must be stated. For overseas manufactured footwear the county of origin must be given.
- Company name and contact information – details such as the address, phone number and other contact information must be given for the party responsible for product quality.
- Three Guarantee policy – details of the product warranty must be given and must meet any relevant laws and regulations along with the quality characteristics of the product. The guarantee for repair, replacement and return / warranty period must be described.
- Executive standard code – the standard code of the production (eg national standards, industry standards, local standards or registered enterprise standard) must be given.
- Date of Production – the date of manufacture in the order Year/Month/Day must be marked.
- Color – the color(s) that make up 80% of the upper must be stated eg black/red.
- Article Number – the article number of the product must be marked.
- Quality Grade – this describes the product grade such as high class grade, qualified grade, unqualified grade.
Footwear Packaging and Labeling Information
An overview of information required on footwear and its packaging for retail in China is outlined in a table within the latest SGS Safeguards bulletin (http://newsletter.sgs.com/eNewsletterPro/uploadedimages/000006/1_sgs-safeguards-20614-china-footwear-labelling-requirements-a4-en-14.pdf).
The footwear label can use text or pictograms for describing the uppers, lining, in sock and outsole material. All text and/or pictograms must be represented in a clear form on all packaging and labels and must be retainable for at least as long as the warranty period. The text must use nationally normal characters in a font height of at least 1.8mm but may also additionally use minority or foreign languages but in a font no larger than the corresponding Chinese characters.
About SGS Softlines Services
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. The company’s internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished footwear and leather products (http://www.sgs.com/en/Consumer-Goods-Retail/Softlines-and-Accessories/Footwear-and-Leather-Products.aspx). SGS help companies ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide.
For further information, contact the SGS experts.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
Contact-Details: SGS Consumer Testing Services
Senior Manager, Global Softlines Development Office
SGS Hong Kong
t: +852 2765 3695