Dick Hyland, The Director of Golf at Scottsdale Golf Club, The Country Club at DC Ranch has been awarded the 2014 Southwest Section of the PGA’s Professional of the Year. This award is the highest honor given in the Section. Bestowed on a working club professional whose total contributions best exemplify the complete PGA Professional.
The award embraces a wide range of talent and services executed by Scottsdale Country Club and Dick Hyland as evidenced by the PGA’s guidelines and criteria when judging those that have been nominated for this prestigious award.
These guidelines include:
• Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership
• Demonstration of strong moral character
• A substantial record of service to the Section and to the game of golf
• Recognized and regarded as a model Scottsdale country club PGA Professional
Scottsdale private golf club, The Country Club at DC Ranch congratulates Hyland on the prestigious award.
About Dick Hyland:
Dick Hyland has distinguished himself as one of the leaders of PGA professionals in terms of club operation management and professionals placed throughout the industry. His teams have operated many professional and amateur tournaments, not to mention his retail expertise, in addition to his playing and instruction ability.
Dick and his wife, Jeri, and their daughter, Kaycie, moved to Scottsdale from Florida in January of 1987. He was the first Director of Golf for Lyle Anderson at the Scottsdale Country Club, Desert Mountain Club, where all 6 courses were designed by Jack Nicklaus. Dick held that position for over fifteen (15) years before he was promoted to President of Lyle Anderson Golf, with responsibilities at The Hokulia Club in Hawaii, Las Campanas in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Dundonald Links, Loch Lomond Golf Club in Glasgow, Scotland, and Superstition Mountain in Arizona. Dick is currently the Director of Golf at Scottsdale golf club The Country Club at DC Ranch in Scottsdale since 2010.
Some of his accomplishments since obtaining PGA membership and Class A status in 1982 are the following.
Dick was the host PGA Professional, or on the executive team for over forty (40) Tour type events, such as:
• The Tradition, a Major Championship on the Champions Tour, the Barclay’s Scottish Open at Loch Lomond Golf Club, The Desert Scramble, The Senior Grand Slam, The USGA Women’s Senior Amateur, The LPGA Safeway International in addition to the numerous Arizona Open, AGA and AWGA Championships.
• He served on the Board of Directors of Southwest Section of the PGA for 3 terms and participated on numerous committees, such as employment, education and tournament.
• He was the first Chairman/Board member of PGA President’s Advisory Board for TaylorMade/Adidas Golf Company in 2000.
• Twice recognized as National PGA Golf Professional of the year, once in Florida and in 1992 by the SWSPGA.
• He was selected as the National PGA Merchandiser of the Year for private clubs in 2001.
• Dick competed multiple times on the Goldwater Cup and Robinson Cup Teams representing the SWSPGA.
• Two consecutive years at the Legend Club during SWSPGA Tournament Series events he set the course record one year and broke it the following year.
• He has competed in the National Club Professional Championships numerous times.
• His SWSPGA awards include Merchandiser of the Year and the Bill Strausbaugh Award which represents members who have distinguished themselves in the field of community and club relations.
• Dick was selected to teach golf instruction workshops and business schools for the PGA of America.
• He Coordinated/operated Golf Digest and Nicklaus Flick Golf Schools since 1979 and was mentored by the late Hall of Fame instructor, Jim Flick.
• In 2012 Dick was awarded the 21st recipient of the Dr. Ed Updegraff award by the AGA, in 2014.
• In 2014 Dick was awarded the Southwest Section PGA Golf Professional of the Year.
Most recently at Scottsdale Country Club ,The Country Club at DC Ranch, Dick has hosted what will be fourteen (14) AGA/AWGA/JGAA or SWSPGA Championships, not to mention the Country Club at DC Ranch has been recognized by the AGA/AWGA and Boardroom Magazine for hosting events, contributions to the game and distinguished Gold Club status.
About Scottsdale Country Club, The Country Club at DC Ranch
The Country Club at DC Ranch is North Scottsdale’s premier country club, offering an exclusive, yet inviting, lifestyle, social and sporting opportunity for couples, families and professionals. Located at the base of the McDowell Mountains, The Country Club at DC Ranch reflects the history and charm of its beginnings as a desert camp cattle ranch in the early 1900s. Complete with a traditional golf course wrapped in scenic panoramic views and an extensive tennis and recreational pool facility, The Country Club at DC Ranch offers an unprecedented calendar of social events and activities for adults, families and children alike- all delivered with an exceptional level of service. A variety of membership programs for residents and non-residents are available. For more information, visit www.ccdcranch.com or call 480-342-7246.
Contact-Details: 9290 East Thompson Peak Parkway 1, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 USA