Suffolk, UK, February 11, 2015 -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- Ipswich-based Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is due to commence its second cruise season on 929-guest ship, Braemar, from Harwich International Port, Essex on 4th April 2015, with a seven-night ‘Easter City Getaway’ cruise (M1508), with overnight stays in Hamburg (Germany) and Amsterdam (Netherlands), as well as a full day to explore Antwerp (Belgium).
Fred. Olsen will be offering four other cruises from Harwich in 2015, with prices starting from just £249 per person:
– a two-night ‘Amsterdam Mini-Cruise’ (M1509), departing on 11th April 2015
- a five-night ‘Elvis at 80’ cruise (M1510), departing on 13th April 2015, which commemorates what would have been The King’s 80th year
- a 14-night ‘Spanish Coastal & River Cruising’ getaway (M1511), departing on 18th April 2015, which includes a scenic cruise along the Guadalquivir River
- a seven-night ‘Mountains & Majestic Fjords’ cruise to Norway (M1512), departing on 2nd May 2015
Nathan Philpot, Sales and Marketing Director for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“Braemar’s forthcoming cruise season from Harwich builds upon Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ already-close relationship with this convenient, regional port. Braemar enjoyed a successful cruise season from here for the first time last year, which is why we have increased our cruise calls from three to five for 2015.
“As the ‘local, global cruise line’, we are committed to offering cruise guests in the East of England and Midlands the chance to set sail from right on their doorsteps. Our ‘Bringing the world closer to you’ strategy is clearly resonating with our customers, as the top East Anglian postcodes of Colchester, Ipswich, Norwich, Chelmsford, Peterborough, Romford, Northampton and Stevenage account for over 50% of all bookings from Harwich in 2015, with 60% of guests being ‘new to Fred’.”
Guests booking 2015 cruises from Harwich can still take advantage of Fred. Olsen’s ‘Turn of Year’ sales campaign, which incorporates the following initiatives:
- ‘The more you book, the more you save’* – which encourages customers to make multiple cruise purchases in the same transaction and take advantage of savings of up to 30%. The scheme also offers an attractive 10% discount to customers who only wish to make a single cruise purchase.
- ‘Fred.’s ‘Enjoyment Promise’**– the biggest initiative of its kind ever to take place in the UK to encourage people to try cruising, whereby people who have never cruised with Fred. Olsen before will be able to try a Fred. Olsen cruise, and if they do not enjoy it, Fred. Olsen will fly them home and refund their cruise fare.
- Fred. Olsen has also published an ‘All Inclusive Holidays’ brochure, aimed specifically at the ‘yet to cruise’ market, with simpler, all inclusive pricing, based on one cabin type, and using more familiar mainstream holiday vocabulary, such as 'Ocean View Room', rather than 'Outside Cabin'. Featured within the brochure are three of Braemar’s 2015 Harwich cruises – ‘Elvis at 80’ (M1510), ‘Spanish Coastal & River Cruising’ (M1511), and ‘Mountains & Majestic Fjords’ (M1512) – with prices inclusive of selected drinks throughout the voyage, from just £76 per person, per night.
Fred. Olsen was delighted to be named one of the Top 3 UK cruise lines and awarded a prestigious ‘Recommended Provider’ accolade, in Which?’s first-ever dedicated cruise survey in 2014. Experts at influential consumer website Cruise Critic have also voted Fred. Olsen ‘Best Value for Money’ in its ‘Cruise Critic UK Editors’ Picks Awards 2014’, for the third consecutive year.
*’The more you book, the more you save’ campaign applies to cruise bookings made up to 2nd March 2015 inclusive, on cruises departing up to 21st March 2016, of five nights’ duration or more. See the website www.fredolsencruises.com for full Terms and Conditions.
**‘Fred’s Enjoyment Promise’ is valid on all sailings of five nights or more, on bookings made 12 weeks prior to departure. See the website www.fredolsencruises.com for full Terms and Conditions.
Contact-Details: Rachael Jackson
Public Relations Manager
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
Tel: 01473 292233
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Fred. Olsen House, 42 White House Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LL, UK