Kevin Spacey provides business insight for business people
Released on: June 18, 2008, 7:41 pm
Press Release Author: David Chandler - yourBusinessChannel
Press Release Summary: At a glance: Kevin Spacey - Institute of Directors - conversation - arts and business - business advice - free online business TV shows - TV syndication - premium business TV content
Press Release Body: Among the iconic speakers at this years Annual Institute of Directors (IoD) Convention was award winning American stage actor and film director, Kevin Spacey - delivering an address that took a very interesting tack - one that skilfully explained the necessity for business to invest in the arts. And leading online business TV channel, yourBusinessChannel (http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com) will be featuring excerpts of this speech in its upcoming business advice shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9WosYsQgE).
At the conference, Spacey, now Artistic Director at London's Old Vic, spoke in detail of the way people love to watch the soaps and the big entertainment shows - how they will talk about them in the office the next day, send texts to friends, look up websites and many also even blog about them. And he suggested that businesses should be harnessing this social fact.
His point was all about conversation, and the very important role clever businesses have begun to play in these conversations. He showed that the power of conversation was one that traditional broadcast TV cannot ever match, and in the days of Web 2.0, social media and conversational marketing, these points may never have been more relevant. Addressing more than 3,000 business people attending the Institute of Directors Convention, he suggested that more businesses should look to invest in the arts.
Kevin Spacey will be appearing in shows to be produced and streamed online by yourBusinessChannel, alongside other global business experts as they explain why it is so important that businesses today be a part of this conversation, rather than focussing on interrupting it.
This news item comes hot on the heels of the launch of the Million Dollar Challenge, in which 25 lucky businesses will get help from the Million Dollar Team - see full news item here (http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/blog.aspx?bid=168).
* You can view this item along, with other yourBusinessChannel news at http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/blog
* Find out more about broadcasting yourBusinessChannel shows on your website or blog at http://www.yourBusinessChannel.com/partner.aspx
* If you know a world-class expert who should be interviewed by a yourBusinessChannel journalist, go to http://www.yourBusinessChannel.com/contact.aspx
* If you are a journalist looking for further information or to interview someone, click through to http://www.yourBusinessChannel.com/press.aspx
* To watch yourBusinessChannel shows free, go to http://www.yourBusinessChannel.com
* If you have not heard of yourBusinessChannel and wonder what it is, take a look at this http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/Show.aspx?section=General&show=282
Web Site: http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com
Contact Details: David Chandler email@example.com