Emerging Economies` Enthusiasm for Social Media And Online Video Is Big For Business, Reports Business TV channel
Released on: July 27, 2008, 11:02 pm
Press Release Author: David Chandler
Press Release Summary: yourBusinessChannel Features Editor Mark Sinclair says the research leaves readers in no doubt that social media and, in particular, online video is here to stay. \"This is truly a global trend and it\'s only going to get bigger.
Press Release Body: England,UK, Jul 28, 2008 -- Emerging economies are embracing social media like video even more enthusiastically than mature markets with exciting implications for business, is the finding of research by leading global media communications agency, Universal McCann. Tom Smith who led the international study at Universal McCann discusses the findings on yourBusinessChannel (http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com), a business TV channel that specialises in business advice and tips from world experts. Smith says social media\'s popularity in less mature markets is initially surprising, but makes sense when you consider the media and social environment.
\"There is less competition from traditional media and it\'s an independent voice, it\'s the voice of consumers and there is less technology in homes, less things like games consoles to compete.\"
\"I think we may forget if we have been online for a long time, forget what an amazing experience it is to go on and watch video from all around the world, or connect with someone on the other side of the world in real time.\"
yourBusinessChannel Features Editor Mark Sinclair says the research leaves readers in no doubt that social media and, in particular, online video is here to stay. \"This is truly a global trend and it\'s only going to get bigger.\"
Footage from the Smith interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRS3Nbsp0lg) will be used to produce more of the free to air and premium business advisory TV shows that yourBusinessChannel broadcasts via a global network of syndicators. The shows will be launched this summer on www.yourbusinesschannel.com
* The Wave 3 report can be downloaded from the Universal McCann website (http://www.universalmccann.com/Assets/UM%20Wave%203%20Final_20080505110444.pdf)
* You can view this item along, with other yourBusinessChannel news at http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/blog.aspx
* Find out more about broadcasting yourBusinessChannel shows on your website or blog at http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/partner.aspx
* If you know a world-class expert who should be interviewed by a yourBusinessChannel journalist, go to http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/contact.aspx
* If you are a journalist looking for further information or to interview someone, click through to http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/press.aspx
* To watch yourBusinessChannel shows free, go to http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com
* If you have not heard of yourBusinessChannel and wonder what it is, take a look at this http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/Show.aspx?section=General&show=282 Press Release Distribution By PressReleasePoint(http://www.pressreleasepoint.com)