Released on: January 18, 2010, 5:14 am
Author: New You Boot Camp
New You Boot Camp, Europe’s No1 weight loss and fitness Boot Camp have come up with five simple tips which guarantee to make you feel better on the day, plus some blues-busting exercises which you can do from the comfort of your own home!
New You Boot Camp Co-founder Jacqui Cleaver, says: “Exercising raises the levels of mood-enhancing neurotransmitters in the brain, boost feel-good endorphins, release muscle tension, help you sleep better and reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Follow our tips to make you smile and our blues-busting desk exercises to beat the gloom on January 25th”.
TOP TIPS FROM NEW YOU BOOT CAMP – TRY THEM, THEY WORK!
1. Bite a finger gently and raise the corners of your mouth – this will trick your brain that it is smiling and it will release happy endorphins.
1. Try comedy skipping - commit to skipping to places when you are out of sight (high heels not recommended…) – think Phoebe in Friends!
2. Get moving – even walking up the tube or work escalator at a faster pace will expel extra energy, which if not used turns to negative energy.
3. Make January 25th a Saturday night – take extra time getting ready in the morning and make it a glamorous day.
4. Visualise where you want to be. Once that picture is embedded there, your subconscious mind begins working to make that picture a reality. It’s much easier to achieve your goals with your subconscious mind on your side.
Let's face it - hanging out in the living room has never done fitness levels any favours. But since in a recession gym membership is often the first thing to go, the living room is where many of us have been spending time lately - with the gyms coming to us so here are 5 exercises you can do at home in the comfort of your front room!
Six exercises to do at your home or at your desk!
1. Tricep Chair Dips
Sit on the edge of your chair with your knees bent and hold on to the front of the seat with one hand on either side. Taking your weight on your arms, move your bottom forward so it’s just in front of the chair. Lower your bottom towards the floor, bending your elbows to 90 degrees, then push up again.
2. Stand Up, Sit Down
Stand slightly in front of your chair with your arms held out in front. Bend your knees as if you were going to sit down on the very edge of the seat.When your bottom touches the chair, push straight back up without putting your weight on the chair.
3. Roman Chair Sit Ups
Sit across your chair, leaning back slightly with your legs raised and knees bent to 90 degrees. Holding on to the seat, lean back and extend your legs out, then sit up again.
4. Walking Lunge
Stand upright with soft knees and your hands by your sides. Keeping your back straight, extend one leg forwards and go down into the lunge position. Raise up and step forwards and repeat for the other side.
5. Desk Press-Ups
Grip the side of your desk or table with both hands. Hold your body at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Lower your body gently down towards your desk until the elbows are just past 90 degrees, then push back up to your starting position.
6. Prone Leg Lifts
Adopt the press-up position with arms straight. Hold the press-up position and raise a leg. Keep your leg straight and raise until it is parallel with the floor. Lower under control. Repeat using the other leg.
At home exercises taken from the ‘New You Boot Camp Book’ Published by Collins & Brown. For images of exercises please contact email@example.com
New You Boot Camp’s website, listing full information, price lists and dates of upcoming camps is http://www.newyoubootcamp.com/
Contact Details: Issued by Sunny Moran 01202 557138