Released on: December 23, 2011, 7:29 am
Author: Igor Purlantov
Industry: Non Profit
As the 2011 holiday season gets into full swing, it is time once again to start thinking of the perfect gifts for family and friends. While shopping around for the perfect holiday gift there is always the question of what would make a great stocking stuffer. As people think of ideas for stocking stuffers during this holiday season, they should remember that books are always a great gift option especially for close family and friends.
For pet lovers there are many great options available that are entertaining, educational and fun. Here are ten top books by animal rights advocate Igor Purlantov that will serve as a great gift for any animal lover during this holiday season:
10) A Lion Called Christian by Anthony Bourke.
9) All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot.
8) Curious Critters by David FitzSimmons.
7) The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them by Wayne Pacelle.
6) The Dogs of Central Park by Fran Reisner.
5) Among Giants: A Life with Whales by Charles “Flip” Nicklin.
4) Bright Wings: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems About Birds by Billy Collins.
3) The Exultant Ark: A Pictorial Tour of Animal Pleasure by Jonathan P. Balcombe.
2) Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero by Michael Hingson.
1) Part of the Pride: My Life Among the Big Cats of Africa by Kevin Richardson.
This article has been brought to you by Igor Purlantov.
Igor Purlantov is an animal rights advocate that follows and writes about animal news and trends to help raise awareness of animal rights and protection. You can read and learn about his work on igor-purlantov.com or follow him on twitter@igorpurlantov
Contact Details: Daniel Mathers
New York Times Building
New York, NY