Mountainside Drug Rehab’s Tips For Staying Sober Through The Holidays
Released on: December 15, 2011, 8:48 am
Mountainside Drug Rehab
CONNECTICUT- Any previously addicted individual who has successfully maintained their sobriety for any length of time will attest to the fact the holiday season is one of the most challenging times of the year to stay on the recovery path. In addition, their successes also show that staying sober is indeed possible by following the guidelines below.
1. Utilize your sponsor. You aren't alone in your quest to stay sober during the holiday season. Your sponsor has experience in this area - lean on him or her and ask how to handle what you feel will be the most challenging aspects for you during the holiday season. Drug Rehab is an on-going process.
2. Regularly check-in. Whether you decide to check-in with your sponsor at regular intervals, or with someone else in recovery, just make sure that you do so! Don't wait until you are in a precarious situation to check-in. Staying in regular contact with a sober individual can help you as you navigate difficult situations.
3. Attend an Alka-thon. An Alka-thon is an all day, 24 hour, 12-step based meeting event which is typically scheduled during the holidays. Those in recovery can come and get support from others who have been where they are.
4. Bring a sober person with you to a party. If you have been invited to a holiday gathering where alcohol will be served: first: determine if this is a good idea for you to go; second: if you do go, bring with you another sober person who is working their recovery program.
5. Bring your own drinks. Make certain that you have a viable alternative to alcohol at a party. Bring your own sparkling water, sparkling cider or other favorite non-alcoholic beverage to insure that you have something to drink while others are imbibing.
While the holidays can be a difficult time to maintain sobriety, it is indeed possible with a little pre-planning and forethought. Don't be afraid to lean upon family and friends during this holiday season!
Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center recognizes the struggles that addicted individuals and their families go through, particularly during the holidays. Their unique individualized recovery program is recognized as one of the most comprehensive and individualized in the treatment field. Mountainside assists clients and their families from the very beginning of their journey by offering professional intervention services should they be needed.
Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center is a modern drug rehab facility that is skilled in serving a variety of clients with various addictions and in varying stages of addiction. The caring, compassionate team is made up of licensed and certified social workers and counselors who have extensive experience and specialty in the addiction treatment field. In addition, the staff includes a Nurse Practitioner, as well as a Registered Nurse, both of whom also have specializations and experience within the field of addiction treatment and alcohol rehab.
Mountainside also provides services for those individuals who come to them with dual diagnoses and require the services of a Psychiatrist to help conquer the unique challenges that dual diagnosis brings.
For the past 13 years, Mountainside has established itself as an innovator within the addiction treatment field, and the treatment modalities Mountainside utilizes are regarded as among the most cutting-edge approaches in helping individuals to get, and to remain, sober. As a result of their unique, innovative approaches to addiction treatment, Mountainside has become the model for the addiction treatment field.
The program, along with its professional addiction treatment team, have earned national recognition and resulted in Mountainside being invited to Washington by the White House to meet with the White House Drug Czar, John P. Walters, for an in-depth meeting on what makes its program so successful. These accolades did not go unnoticed within the addiction treatment field and resulted in the adoption by many throughout the country of a more holistic approach to drug addiction treatment.
If you or someone you love is addicted to drugs or alcohol, or if you have any questions, please contact Mountainside Drug Rehab and Alcohol Treatment Center for a confidential inquiry at 800-762-5433.
Back to previous page
Submit your press release