June 24, 2013, 12:30 pm -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- A new device prevents elevator accidents result from moving elevator with open door
FSSG In a nutshell
FSSG is a patented electrical device installed in series with elevator door locks safety circuit, to detect any by-pass that may result in elevator running with open door, upon detection FSSG prevents elevator “NORMAL” operation and changes elevator control into “SERVICE” mode, thus prevents automatic movement with open door, thus prevents horrific elevator accidents.
How FSSG protect the public riders
Elevator runs with open doors because of 2 reasons only, either Mechanical or electrical failure, Mechanical failure (machine brake or suspension) that led to elevator runs with open door, has been resolved by the Unintended Car Movement( UCM) protection. the only problem with it, in case of door locks by-pass the UCM is disabled and cannot protect the public.
Electrical failure (door lock by-pass, car switch by-pass) up till now considered to be Human error / unresolved, with the FSSG this problem has been resolved, Human error is not valid any more.
Today’s news, we’ve successfully implemented a new safety method for which, FSSG employs the UCM to creates for the first time in elevator history a comprehensive elevator protection, to ensures that no matter what’s the failure, “this elevator will not run automatically with open door.”
FSSG Description & Functions
- FSSG is an electric device that connected in series to any safety chain to be monitored, such as landing door locks or car gate switch.
- FSSG detects any by pass of safety circuit, either intentionally by elevator mechanic or unintentionally by-pass resulting from Short-Circuit in elevator controller or the shaft.
- FSSG upon detection of such by-pass, switches elevator control into inspection mode. thus prevents accidents results from automatic movement with open door, but allows elevator mechanic to run the elevator under inspection mode.
- FSSG does not disable the UCM protection during by-pass as it’s distinguish between elevator runs on by-pass, or elevator runs on safety circuit., even though by-pass exist FSSG detects also a single landing door by-pass or car gate switch by-pass, based on car door position, according to international elevator code A17.1 & EN81-20.
- FSSG is self protected, it detects and alert any attempt to disable / by-pass the FSSG by placing a jumper wire over it.
- FSSG detect and alert an internal failure of the FSSG
- FSSG employ the UCM to prevent either mechanical or electrical failure that result with car running with open door.
- FSSG is easy to adapt to all kinds of existing elevators
- FSSG is Highly reliable, low cost and easy to install
Do not wait for the next accident act Now, FSSG
To get comprehensive technical descriptions as well as manual send email to: ROLLS102@GMAIL.COM