Atlanta, GA, August 21, 2014 -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- M2SYS Technology, a global innovator in biometric identification management solutions, announced today that the country of Yemen is currently deploying their TrueVoter™ biometric voting platform for the upcoming constitutional referendum and national elections. TrueVoter™ is a scalable and customizable software package that allows the Supreme Commission for Elections and Referendum (SCER) to deploy and maintain a comprehensive biometric information system that allows for the fast, accurate, and uncontested enrollment and identification of voters. M2SYS was able to secure the contract due to TrueVoter’s™ thorough functionality, including database management and a comprehensive analytics portal, combined with M2SYS’ experience in working with prior biometric voter registration projects. The funding for this project is being provided by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Key features of the M2SYS TrueVoter™ system include:
- Highly customizable software modules for both input and output settings.
- Multi-modal biometric voter identification; including, fingerprint, iris, palm print, finger vein, palm vein, and facial recognition (only fingerprint and facial recognition are being used for this project).
- Comprehensive analytics reporting and data logs for voter data analysis & visualization.
- Fuzzy search and sophisticated data clustering capabilities.
- Information safety protection measures to protect citizen privacy including; strong encryption, fault tolerant architecture, disk mirroring, automated database backups, and a disaster recovery option.
- TrueVoter™ also offers Voter Data Manager, a comprehensive central application that manages all voter records and is capable of easily importing data from any other third-party data capture applications. The internal data is kept in a highly configurable data structure that is capable of virtual mapping from any system. Besides its configuration benefits, this software provides a pluggable system architecture that allows end users to extend the system without touching the complex underlying design.
TrueVoter™ provides the SCER with a comprehensive and secure system to register voters and de-duplicate biometric data within the database, providing a clean and accurate voter registry that prevents citizens from registering multiple times and voting under different aliases. A credible voter registry will reduce the number of electoral disputes, support the legitimacy of the voting process, and, by extension, boost public confidence in Yemen’s democratic institutions. TrueVoter™ operates as a separate or integrated part of the main software to identify duplicate entries in the database and once the data collection is completed, the duplicate checking system allows users to find and cleanse duplicate entries with the synchronized database. TrueVoter™ includes broad adjudication functionality, a crucial part of the elections process.
“We are pleased that IFES and the Supreme Commission for Elections and Referendum (SCER) have selected M2SYS for our TrueVoter™ and ABIS solutions for their electoral process in Yemen,” commented Mizan Rahman, Founder and CEO of M2SYS Technology. “Governments and electoral commissions across the globe are utilizing biometric voter registration technology to establish fair and credible elections. Our TrueVoter™ biometric voting system provides the SCER with an integrated solution that enables them to successfully execute a clean nationwide voter registry. Our superscalar system will allow the SCER to de-duplicate the entire registrant population’s biometric data in less than one month with only three servers.”
About M2SYS Technology
With over a decade of experience and millions of end users in more than 100 countries worldwide, M2SYS Technology delivers innovative, scalable, and practical identity management solutions that increase security and convenience while saving money, building accountability and establishing trust for governments and businesses around the world. The company continues to innovate, build, and deliver leading-edge enterprise biometric solutions that transform the industry and expand the applicability of biometric technology in the marketplace. M2SYS has been recognized for numerous industry accolades, including Frost & Sullivan’s 2007 North American Biometrics Technology Innovation of the Year, the 2011 New Product Innovation Award, and the Atlanta Metro Chamber of Commerce 2014 Global Impact Award for Innovation. The M2SYS Corporate Blog can be found at blog.m2sys.com
Contact-Details: M2SYS Technology
Director of Communications