LONDON, June 12, 2015 -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- In recent years there has been a rapid growth in the employment of unmanned aerial systems and vehicles in both the commercial and military sector. With new sophisticated technological developments allowing for greater precision, autonomy and application, the need to meet operational demand has resulted in a slew of questions concerning the military’s capability to support these systems. In particular; how does the military go about narrowing the skills gap in UAV usage, how do we increase access to national and international air space to train and use these UAV’s and do we have the structures in place to sustain them?
This year, SMi is delighted to announce that the agenda has now been released for the 15th annual Unmanned Aerial Systems Conference, as it aims to explore the most highly relevant and niche developments within the field of UAS’s and UAV’s in relation to the military. The conference will provide the perfect platform for the industry to discuss the legislative, physical and technological challenges in implementing UAV’s and will assess the advancements in the commercial sector and how they can be applied to optimize Military operations.
For more information on the event visit www.uasconference.com/epr
Key Benefits of Attending in 2015:
• Examine the integration of UAVs into protected national and international air space
• Discuss the influence of commercial tech developments and give a critical analysis of the ramifications of these on the military
• Evaluate the importance of scale and the impact of small and nano-sized UAVs on training and operations
• Debate the use of autonomous UAVs in ISR, combat support and law enforcement
• Explore the measures being taken to counter UAS strikes
Expert Speaker Line-up Includes:
• Colonel Robert Kiebler, Commander, 49th Wing, Holloman AFB, United States Air Force
• Colonel Enrique Martinez, Chief of the Acquisition Programs Section, Spanish Air Force
• Colonel Birger Mejlholm, Commander, Danish Army Intelligence Centre, Danish Army
• Captain Nicklas Fredriksson, Squadron Commander 2iC, TUAV, Swedish Armed Forces
• Intendant Carlos Henrique Madureira Ribeiro, Head of Operations, Portuguese Police Force
• Jean-Youri Marty, Deputy Director, Capability, Armament & Technology Directorate, European Defence Agency
• Tom Buckner, RPAS & Airworthiness Staff Officer, NATO HQ
• Squadron Leader (ret'd) Keven Gambold, CEO, Unmanned Experts
• Dr Stephen Prior, Reader in Unmanned Air Vehicles, Aeronautics, Astronautics & Computational Engineering, University Of Southampton
• George Gonsalves, Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Aviation Analyst, HQ TRADOC, United States Army
• Lieutenant Colonel Matthew Dooley, Chief Unmanned Ground Systems/Lethality Branch, HQ TRADOC, United States Army
• Denis Koehl, Senior Advisor to the Executive Director, SESAR Joint Undertaking
• Louisa Brooke-Holland, Defence Analyst, House of Commons
• Andre Clot, Centre Director, Eurousc
• Alain Lumbroso, Economist, International Transport Forum, OECD
For those interested in attending, there is currently an early bird discount of £300 when registering before 17th July 2015. Book by the 30th September and save £100.
In addition to the event, there will be an interactive half-day pre-conference workshop taking place on the 18th November 2015 entitled: Counter-UAS: The Next Arms Race?, hosted by Squadron Leader (Ret'd) Keven Gambold, CEO, Unmanned Experts.
To register please visit www.uasconference.com/epr or alternatively contact Frederick Agboletey on +44 (0) 207 827 6070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
Contact-Details: Frederick Agboletey, +44 (0) 207 827 6070, email@example.com