Big Sur, CA, October 5, 2015 -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- Big Sur Health Center, a non-profit organization offering affordable healthcare to the Big Sur community, announced January 15-17, 2016 as the dates of its annual Big Sur Foragers Festival. Held in Big Sur along California’s central coast, the festival is a weekend-long celebration featuring an amazing array of wild foods, world-class wine and beer, entertainment, expert-led foraging hikes and a friendly chef competition with celebrity judges. This year’s partners include Ventana Big Sur, longtime hosts of the Fungus Face-Off and the Celebrity Chef dinner, along with a new strategic partner, Post Ranch Inn, which will host several different events.
The event has traditionally served as a fundraiser for the Big Sur Health Center. The community's non-profit health center will receive the proceeds from the foraging events to continue to support the presence of local health care services in the Big Sur area.
“As the new owners of Ventana Big Sur, we are looking forward to continuing the tradition of supporting the Big Sur Health Center.” said Catherine Becker, General Manager. “We look forward to an incredibly successful year and hope to help double the funds raised in 2015!”
“Post Ranch is very excited to co-host this year’s Big Sur Foragers Festival with Ventana,” said Mike Higgins, Vice President of Operations for Passport Resorts, the owners of Post Ranch Inn. “We have always firmly believed in the importance of supporting local organizations and could not imagine the Big Sur community without the vital contributions provided by the Health Center.”
The three day festival affords Big Sur area restaurants the opportunity to host the culinary expertise of notable chefs who will be preparing unique fare ranging from rustic to elegant, paired alongside the central coast region's amazing selection of wine and beer.
New events for 2016 include:
• A special event and film showing on Friday evening at Post Ranch Inn, with well-known photographer and mushroom enthusiast, Louie Schwartzberg. This event will be limited to 30 people.
• An exclusive Friday night dinner at Sierra Mar restaurant at Post Ranch Inn with a special menu prepared by Chef John Cox and a unique opportunity to enjoy wines from their award-winning wine cellar. This event is limited to 14 people.
• A special Chef’s Foraging Tour of the Post Ranch property.
Back by Popular Demand:
• "Fungus Face-Off" will take place once again at Ventana Big Sur. This popular event sells out early. Tickets will be on sale soon.
• Grand Celebrity Chef Dinner Ventana Big Sur – details to be announced in November.
• Foraging walk led by local expert, Steve Copeland at Ventana Big Sur.
"Wild Mushroom Walks and Talk" at Pfeiffer State Park led by expert mushroom foragers.
Stay tuned for more details coming soon. For event details and venue information, visit www.bigsurforagersfestival.org or follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bigsurforagersfestival.
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901