30 Minutes to Running a More Profitable Retail Store
Released on = January 29, 2007, 8:34 pm
Press Release Author = Jerry Robertson
Industry = Retail
Press Release Summary = Many retail owners are busy with the day to day operations of their store. 101 Retail Store owner tips is a quick guide to help an owner become profitable without taking up much of their time.
Press Release Body = Retail owners who just completed a disappointing holiday season will find many tips to improve their operation now and improve their profitability for 2007. "Store owners spend too much time running their store and too little time running their business" said Jerry Robertson, Author of "101 Retail Store Owner Tips" and a Retail Consultant with Jrob Consulting LLC.
Here are five sample tips from "101 Retail Store Owner Tips":
1. Smile when greeting a customer in person- Greeting the customer with a smile makes them feel like a guest in your store. First impressions are critical to any business. Many customers hear "Can I help you" or something to that effect everywhere they go. Change it to something different, such as a simple "Hello", and follow up with something unique.
24. Many employers will not talk with their employees unless; the employee needs to be disciplined. It would be much better if 75-85% of an employer\'s communication with an employee is praising the employee for a job / task well done.
41. You should look to get rid of the bottom 10-20% of your product lines yearly and order new product lines to replace them. Mark down the poor selling product lines to half off to get rid of them.
53. Make Racks/ Displays full and remove any that you can. Studies have shown that have an easy to shop open areas will bring more sales than more racks/tables with cluttered areas. Free up areas with displays bunched up. Less Merchandise with more space can result in more sales.
101. 90% of the people surveyed who reported succeeding in business or in achieving a personal dream - other words, 90% of SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE report that they DO SET GOALS Whereas 90% of the PEOPLE who reported FAILING in business, or failing to achieve a personal dream or feeling as if they are FLOUNDERING in their life, reported that they DID NOT SET GOALS
The e-book is $3.97 and can be ordered at http://www.jrobconsult.com/
Web Site = http://www.jrobconsult.com
Contact Details = Jerry Robertson 1704 Cherokee Trail Plano, Texas 75023 469-867-3317 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.jrobconsult.com