Press Release Summary: In my dog training business, if I had to list the top five behavior problems housetraining would be near the top. I get a lot of email and phone calls for housetraining.
Here are 7 ways to cure your dogs housetraining problem:
Press Release Body: 1. Management - One of the easiest steps to take is to use a crate. This will help you manage your dogs behavior when you are not there or can\'t watch your dog.
2. Teach a cue - Teach your dog to give you a cue that they need to go out. Hanging a bell on the door is popular. This way when your dog needs to go they hit the bell to let you know. Most dogs will give off some type of cue that they need to go. Some bark at the door, some scratch at the door and some dogs just pace around the room. Pay attention to see what type of cue your dog gives.
3. Proper cleaning - Don\'t clean with ammonia based products. The ammonia smells like urine and it will attract your dog back to the same spot. Clean with products that have enzymes that break down the smell.
4. Health check - Physical problems always need to be ruled out. If your dog has a physical problem no amount of behavior training can help.
5. Go on command - Teach your dog to go on command. It\'s easy and your dog can learn this in about a week.
6. Be there to influence behavior - If your dog goes in the house you need to be there to catch your dog \"in the act\". This way you can discourage your dog from going in the house and bring her out. The same holds true for when your dog is outside. A lot of people let there dog out into a fenced yard on their own. Now when the dog goes outside there is no one there to reward the dog for going in the right place. You need to be there to discourage AND reward.
7. Careful with punishment - A dog that is heavily punished for doing a natural, normal behavior in the wrong place becomes confused easily. If you harshly punish your dog for a mistake, your dog may hold it when in your presence - inside and outside. Now your dog will sneak off in the house and do his stuff when your not looking.
Housetraining is a very common behavior problem. Discover how you can solve your dog\'s housetraining problem. Get the free ebook \"101 Ways To Improve Your Dog\'s Behavior\".
Web Site: http://amazingdogtrainingman.com/
Contact Details: Eric Letendre 91 Cold Hill Granby, MA 01033 413-657-5502