Tracesmart Sign the Personal Information Promise
Released on: February 23, 2009, 10:55 pm
Author: Tracesmart Corporate
Cardiff based Tracesmart, leading suppliers of consumer tracing and data cleansing services, have signed the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Personal Information Promise. Tracesmart have pledged their support and compliance with the ICO initiative as part of their companywide commitment to the ethical and compliant use of personal data.
The Personal Information Promise was launched on the 28th January 2009 by the ICO to celebrate European Data Protection Day. The aim of the Personal Information Promise is to improve compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and help restore public faith in organisations that hold personal information. Public trust in bodies holding such information has been tarnished in recent years following multiple instances of data breaches and many organisations displaying an apparent lack of diligence when it comes to data security.
Tracesmart are keen to demonstrate their commitment to the proper use of personal data as it is at the heart of all the company's services. This includes their online consumer site, which members of the public use to trace people; and their Tracesmart Corporate suite of services, which are employed by various public, private and third sector organisations to reunite individuals with unclaimed assets, conduct online identity checks and cleanse consumer data.
Mike Trezise, Managing Director at Tracesmart, was the company's official signatory and he highlighted how signing the ICO's Personal Information Promise is very much in line with the company's data protection culture,
"Our signing of the Personal Information Promise further reinforces our commitment to ethical data usage and corporate social responsibility. As a company Tracesmart goes to great lengths to guarantee that not only is the data we supply accurate, but also stored securely and used responsibly; both internally and by our customers. Ethical data usage is paramount in our business activities and we welcome any opportunity to build both consumer and commercial confidence in companies that handle personal information."
- Tracesmart Ltd was formed in 1999 and supplies a diverse range of consumer data cleansing, identity check and people tracing tools to a wide variety of industries. The company's client base ranges from SME to Blue Chip, who are all recipients of bespoke solutions, built around their specific needs.
- The ICO is the UK's independent public body set up to promote access to official information and protect personal information by promoting good practice, ruling on eligible complaints, providing information to individuals and organisations, and taking appropriate action when the law is broken.
- Mike Trezise is the founder and Managing Director of Tracesmart. With over 25 years tracing and fraud analysis experience, his unrivalled knowledge provides the company with a distinct competitive advantage.
- Contact: Adam Smith - Marketing Manager
- Tracesmart Ltd
- 2 Sovereign Quay
- Havannah Street
- CF10 5SF
- Direct Line: 029 2047 4120
- Mobile: 07976 637 091
- Email: email@example.com
- Images available on request.