In 2015, EC-Council, one of the World’s Largest Information Security Professional Training and Certification Bodies, and CyberSecurity Malaysia joined forces to introduce, establish, and execute Asia’s most strategic gathering for senior security leadership. Today, the ASEAN CISO Summit and ASEAN CISO Workshop are the only Cyber Security Leadership Gathering, Training, and Certification events that take place during CyberSecurity Malaysia Awards, Conference & Exhibition (CSM-ACE).
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, 2016-Sep-30 — /EPR Network/ — CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM)––an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI)––and EC-Council introduce, for the first time, the ASEAN CISO Summit and for the second consecutive time, the ASEAN CISO Workshop in Malaysia. The institution of the CISO Summit is an annual event conducted by EC-Council worldwide since 2010. EC-Council has a strong tradition of hosting executive events benefiting the leaders in cyber security to the CISO Training Program, which accounts for over 2,500 participants from across a variety of industries.
The ASEAN CISO Summit is aimed at the TOP 100 Chief Information Security Officers and C-Level executives of both the public and private sector. Asia’s most-strategic CISO gathering is a knowledge-sharing platform with an objective to act as a catalyst in driving innovation and growth for the information-security industry while inculcating information-security culture at a national level. Some of this year’s panel discussion speakers include security officers from entities such as the Bursa Malaysia Berhad, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia, Sime Darby Holdings, MIMOS, MDEC, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, MEPS, Hong Leong Bank, Petronas, Maybank Investment Bank, AIG Insurance, PIL Group, etc.
The summit is followed by the premium CISO training workshop that was launched for the first time in Malaysia in November 2015. The training addresses one of the biggest gaps in the national information-security leadership landscape. A number of key cybersecurity experts are expected to attend the closed-door training to practice and exercise their leadership skills in cybersecurity and obtain the C|CISO title. EC-Council’s renowned Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO) Training and Certification is created with the aspiration of nurturing the next generation of CISOs globally.
According to Danish Arshad, Executive Director of EC-Council, “Information Security is an industry that evolved as a reactive measure to the evolution of cyber-crime and digital fraud. The increased implications of information-security breaches and severe repercussions to organizations and countries, in general, suggest that it is about time for cyber security to be a board-level element of organizations. Thus, EC-Council and CyberSecurity Malaysia have taken the initiative to gather the movers and shakers of cyber security in a single platform and challenge them to address the pressing issues of static cybersecurity policies and fairly exercised regulatory frameworks, as well as bridge the cybersecurity skill gap by enabling more security experts to obtain international security leadership training and build a proactive information-security maturity roadmap leading to greater information-security sustainability.”
In addition, he highlights that the biggest challenge in ASEAN countries is the lack of industry think-tank forums and thought leadership. This translates to a drastically low number of designated CISOs (Chief Information Security Officers) within the government and corporate sectors. It has also created individual silos within organizations of various departments––all contributing to cyber security, but working independently which leads to the gaps in the information-security ecosystem (which cybercriminals exploit).
Meanwhile, according to Dr. Amirudin Abdul Wahab, CEO of CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM), they are supporting the ASEAN CISO workshop because the program addresses current threats affecting the information-security industry, particularly the shortage in certified cybersecurity professionals.
“The CISO Summit and C|CISO certification program not only enable the prospective information-security leaders to enhance their technical knowledge on areas like information-security risk management, controls, auditing, core concepts, and competencies––but also focuses on areas which are extremely integral but often not catered for information-security leaders such has information-security governance, compliance, regulations, leadership, project management, operations, and, most importantly, information-security planning and finance,” said Dr Amirudin.
About ASEAN CISO Summit 2016
The event that will take place October 17th at Royale Chulan Hotel during CyberSecurity Malaysia Awards, Conference, and Exhibition (CSM-ACE 2016). It is invite-only and closed-door for C-level officers from departments of Information Security, Compliance, Risk, and Technology.
The main theme of the summit is real aspects of cyber-risk through technological advancements in terms of financial losses, legal liabilities, customer distrust, and brand reputation damage as perceived and addressed by the corporate leaders and vision-makers across organizations.
More information can be obtained at ASEAN CISO Summit 2016
About ASEAN CISO Workshop 2016
The 3-day (18th to 20th October) intensive training prepares the C-level and Senior Information Security Management personnel with essential knowledge to build an information-security maturity roadmap and framework within their organizations.
The workshop will enable information-security leadership and middle management to build an information-security maturity roadmap for their respective organizations and allowing them to efficiently plan for uplifting their current organizational cyber security and build a tangible ROI of each investment––helping them achieve the buy-ins of their board and management.
The training will be delivered by Subrahmanya Gupta Boda who is Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at an Indian infrastructure company with interests in Airports, Energy, and Transportation & Urban Infrastructure. Prior to joining this company, he was associated with Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India for fifteen years, where he formed cyber Security Practice and headed IT Services divisions. He began career with Central Research Laboratory, Ghaziabad (a div. of Bharat Electronics Ltd.,) worked on defense systems. He is a Senior member of IEEE and Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International and a regular speaker at various Information technology and cyber Security events.
More information can be obtained at ASEAN CISO Workshop 2016
About EC Council
EC-Council Asia Sdn. Bhd. is the Asian division and part of the EC-Council Group, which is comprised of a global group of companies that operate in over 140 countries and specialize in information-security training, education, certification, events, and services. EC-Council has been certified by American National Standards Institute to meet its ANSI 17024 standard. It is credited as the creator of the world-famous Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
About CyberSecurity Malaysia
CyberSecurity Malaysia is the national specialist center for cybersecurity under the purview of the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI). For additional information, please visit its website at: http://www.cybersecurity.my. For general inquiry, please email email@example.com Stay connected with it on social networks: facebook/ CyberSecurityMalaysia, twitter/cybersecuritymy, youtube/cybersecuritymy, instagram/CyberSecurity_Malaysia.
For further enquiries about this document, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call
+603-7954 6869/6873/6361, Irene Dima (ext: 132) EC-Council Asia Sdn Bhd.
- Whirlpools World Spain eröffnet in Teulada größten Whirlpool-Showroom in ganz Spanien
- Whirlpools World Spain opens biggest whirlpool bath showroom in the whole country
- RCH Group to Showcase Innovative Selling Solutions at EuroCIS
- MeetingPackage.com Präsentiert einzigartiges Reservierungsportal für Meetings & Events
- MeetingPackage.com Lance son Moteur de Réservation Exclusif pour Réunions & Événements
- MeetingPackage.com Introduces Unique Booking Engine for Meetings & Events
- ANECON becomes Nagarro
- UK Education Consultancy Services Ltd announced that the premiere issue of Scientific European® (a popular science magazine) is released on 19 January 2018
- RCH Europe to Present Smart Solutions for POS at INTERGASTRA 2018
- ADVENTURE KINGS SOLAR PANEL RANGE – HOW MUCH POWER DO I NEED?
- Raport: Jak zaoszczędzić na hiszpańskich wakacjach nad morzem
- Onthuld: zo vind je de beste deals voor je zomervakantie naar Spanje
- Finden Sie diesen Sommer die besten Spanien Angebote in der Zwischensaison
- Revealed: How to get the best value savings on your Spanish summer holiday
- Point of Sale Systems: RCH Group Expands European Operations
- Racing Towards Retailization: WishKnish and InstantAccess.io Bring Down Usability Barriers to True Blockchain Adoption
- Airport Parking Helper Website Expands To Serve 130 Airports
- Adomik a obtenu la 14e place au classement 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 500 pour la zone EMEA et la 3e place au classement Deloitte 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 50 pour la France
- Adomik auf Rang 14 der 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 500 EMEA und auf Platz 3 der Deloitte 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 50 für Frankreich
- Adomik Awarded #14 Ranking in 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 500, EMEA; #3 ranking in Deloitte 2017 TECHNOLOGY FAST 50 for France
- MeetingPackage.com Launches its Exclusive Affiliate Partner Program
- P2P Investment Loan Platform Enters Blockchain Sector with ICO Launch
- International Symposium on the Accessibility to High-Value Medicine, December 5-6, 2017, London
- Axiomatics Releases New Version of SmartGuard™ for Big Data
- No Time To Waste! Conference Takes a Practical Approach to Tackling Waste Crime
- HET DIGITALE EINDEJAARSVUURWERK VAN ONELIFE!
- LE FEU D’ARTIFICE DIGITAL DE FIN D’ANNEE DE ONELIFE !
- ONELIFE’S YEAR-END DIGITAL FIREWORKS!
- Alliance News riceve un investimento strategico da parte di PA Group e dpa per sostenere l’espansione nell’area EMEA
- #SUCCESVOL #VERHUIZEN: VERHUIZEN NAAR HET BUITENLAND
- #REUSSIR SON #EXPATRIATION: LE PARCOURS DE L’EXPATRIATION
- #SUCCESS IN #RELOCATION: THE RELOCATION JOURNEY
- 99X Technology hosts its first international breakfast seminar on digitalization in Oslo
- Ms. America 2017 Oksana Vovk is a special guest at the Newport Beach Sculpture Exhibition, Phase III
- Spain-Holiday.com City Break Cost Index Autumn Winter 2017
- Simply Innovative Products, Inc. Receives First Samples off Production Mold
- M. Davis & Sons Acquires Val-Tech Inc.
- TechTrans Announces Partnership with Tidel
- Continuing Growth Triggers Expansion and New Office in Spain for MeetingPackage.com
- Top Performing Investment Manager, Chetan Kapur of ThinkStrategy Capital, Went Way Above and Beyond for Investors which Enjoyed Leading Returns for a Decade
- 99X Technology drives digital disruption at Webdagene 2017 Oslo
- The Certified Angus Beef® brand honors retail, distributor stars
- FOURTEEN ADDITIONAL COMPANIES ENTER INTO PATENT LICENSE AGREEMENTS WITH CHRIMAR
- В Киеве состоится SphereCon 2017 – конференция, объединяющая Ruby on Rails, Go, разработчиков программного обеспечения и дизайнеров
- TechTrans Announces Partnership with Tidel
- Axiomatics Data-Centric Dynamic Authorization Product Suite Recommended in New KuppingerCole Analyst Report
- Throne of Lies, the highly anticipated online game of Deceit, launches on Steam
- SecBI and Innovery Announce Partnership to Promote SecBI’s “Autonomous Investigation” Cybersecurity Solution to the Italian and Spanish Markets
- "Heillandi Peking" Ljósmyndasýning um ferðalög haldin í Reykjavík
- Grammy Winner Coolio & Wrestling Legend Virgil on an Adult Star’s Presidential Ticket – Press Conference
- Promwad partners with Asian chip vendors to offer cost-effective electronic designs in Europe
- Invacare introduce their first touch screen remote
- Invacare International take powerchairs to a new level
- Industrial Laser Peening Research at ZAL Techcenter
- Blind Children Find New Hope Through Music in Wuhan, China
- Sogu has launched its first KickStarter Campaign
- NFINOX Forex and CFD Broker Increases Additional Client Money Insurance to £1,000,000
- Police Body Cameras by X-Surveillance
- Forms-2-Go – Complete Set of Business Forms for Smartphones, Tablets and PCs
- BookingPal annonce un nouveau partenariat avec Arkiane
- Laser Peening Metal Enhancement System Sold to ZAL Center of Applied Aeronautical Research in Hamburg
- TS EMEA to Exhibit at AEGPL 2017 with NextGen Mobility Solutions On Hand
- Consumers Demand Benevolent Capitalism
- New Apps to Download Facebook posts and Twitter tweets
- Comment trouver un bon professeur sur le Web?
- MEDLAB Series expands its presence into Europe
- Jeff Martin Produces Exquisite Debut EP for New Australian Indie Duo, Secret Solis
- Radius Travel anuncia su asociación con mTrip en soluciones móviles para empresas
- Taste of Adventure Wins 2017 FoodTrekking Award for Best Food Travel Blog
- Radius Travel anuncia su asociación con mTrip en soluciones móviles para empresas
- Milestone for the diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease
- BLINGBY ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH BRITISH POP DUO OMYO
- KIWITECH ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH BLINGBY
- Oregon Grow Cabinets Launches Today - Home Growing, Refined
- BroadSource Launches EMU SaaS in Europe
- B&B Hotels selects Vertical Booking CRS for enterprise hotel distribution across their 400 hotels
- Soracom launched secure and scalable IoT platform in Europe
- Nor-Tech Offers European Organizations Free Simulation Tests on a High Performance Computer Cluster for CAE, CFD, FEA Software
- ExpressVPN svela il sito multilingue
- ExpressVPN présente son site décliné en plusieurs langues
- Alliance News lancia il primo servizio di news finanziarie in lingua italiana attivo 24 ore
- Der ehemalige Banker Mike Baur verrät sein Erfolgsrezept für die Schweizer Wirtschaft
- LINKS Foundation
- Preply, plateforme d’amélioration continue pour le tutorat et les études en ligne, arrive en France
- PARENTS WHO WANT TO STYLE THEIR CHILDREN IN THE LATEST STREET STYLE AND FASHION TRENDS CAN NOW DO SO THANKS TO MINI TREND
- MDM GROUP AG pulls up plans to go public
- Large Japanese property corporation entered the Australian & NZ serviced Apartments/accommodation Industry
- iSaveWeb Lite – Make Copies of Your Favorite Websites
- UnlimitedHand Haptic Game Controller: finalist of Wearable Technologies Innovation World Cup, joins Arduino AtHeart and Amazon LaunchPad to reach hackers worldwide
- “Smart” concept for cover planting wins Farming by Satellite Prize
- L’équipe française remporte le prix paneuropéen Farming by Satellite
- CityJet Cabin Crew Recruitment Day in Brussels, Belgium
- SENA LANCE UNE APPLICATION POUR SMARTPHONE INNOVANTE POUR CONNECTER LES MOTARDS DU MONDE ENTIER
- SENA FÜHRT WEGWEISENDE SMARTPHONE-APP FÜR DIE VERBINDUNG VON FAHRERN WELTWEIT EIN
- SENA LAUNCHES GROUNDBREAKING SMARTPHONE APP TO CONNECT RIDERS WORLDWIDE
- Cabin Crew Recruitment Days taking place in Brussels, Belgium
- Gudny Aspaas Returns with a New Album
- Unique patent-pending “Body Camera” as a PTT Microphone: X-Surveillance DS300
- New York’s Health Agency (NYSDOH) Cited in Iraq War’s Blowback
- Model at the age of 90 – Genia Galberstadt
- Vivier Chief Executive, Luigi Wewege Announces New Book: The Digital Banking Revolution
- NET-DYN Awarded Top Rated Status on Major E-commerce Platform Amazon
- Startup Founders: Are You Ready To Accelerate Your Business?
- ABBYY Launches an Open API for Its Trademark Lingvo Dictionaries
- Soldi troppo in nero: una compagnia Europea paga a gli guerriglieri
- Leading International Entrepreneur moves into Royal Circles
- DAN GRACE JOINS SKILLSTORM AS EVP, OPERATIONAL SERVICES
- The Rose receives 2016 Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable and Workforce Housing Award from the Urban Land Institute
- L’argent trop «noir»: Une société européenne paye aux rebelles
- TS EMEA Takes "A Bridge to the Future" at the 29th World LPG Forum
- Startup mentored by Promwad created one of the best IoT products in Europe
- Baton Rouge Based Roof Crafters Launches New CRM Software For Clients
- Real Estate Lead Partner Moves Headquarters To Nashville TN
- Introducing Torque Control Cordless Angle Wrenches from Express Assembly Products
- WorldSIM is now the most connected mobile network in the world
- SIXTEEN NEW COMPANIES ENTER INTO PATENT LICENSE AGREEMENTS WITH CHRIMAR
- Bang-Bang in Watchland
- GenQual and R-Pharm collaborate to deliver predictive diagnostics for novel anti-IL-6 antibody for autoimmune diseases
- Discount Airport Parking Website Announces Expansion Plans
- TRAINERS EDGE VETERANS CHARITY FAMILY DAY AND FITNESS EVENT
- Casino-X Enters the New Year With Brand New Look
- WorldSIM launches a new international SIM card that ends roaming charges for travellers worldwide
- A Window into the Philippines: Permanent New York City Window Display at the Philippine Center Showcases the Beautiful Country
- Automaten Herz launches new gaming info-portal for German online audience
- New technology solves digital overload for family memories
- The Metropolitan Council approves a $2M grant to fund a landmark, transit-oriented development in the heart of St. Louis Park, Minnesota