Albany, US, 2017-Nov-14 — /EPR Network/ —A fresh report has been added to the wide database of Market Research Hub (MRH). The research study is titled “Future of the Philippines Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022”which encloses important data about the production, consumption, revenue and market share, merged with information related to the market scope and product overview. The report anticipates that the sector for defense & security industry would rise at a positive CAGR during the period 2017-2022.
Request For Free Sample Report: https://www.marketresearchhub.com/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1351429
Future of the Philippines Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022
The Future of the Philippines Defense Industry – Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the Philippines defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– The Philippines defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Philippines defense industry during 2018-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the countrys expenditure and modernization patterns
– Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
– Porters Five Force analysis of the Philippines defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the countrys imports and exports over the last five years
– Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Philippines defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
– The defense budget of Philippines for the year 2017 is US$2.9 billion. For the historic period, 2013-2017, the defense budget of the country registered a CAGR of 11.55%. The defense budget is currently being driven by efforts to modernize the army, threats from terrorist organizations, and tensions in the South China Sea.
– During the historic period, the Philippines MoD allocated an average of 38.5% of the total defense budget to capital expenditure, while an average of 61.5% was reserved for revenue expenditure. Over the forecast period, allocation towards capital expenditure is expected to increase at an average of 40.9%.
– The MoD is expected to invest in multi-role aircraft, diesel electric submarines and infrastructure construction.
Reasons to buy
– This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Philippines defense industry market trends for the coming five years
– The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
– Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
– A deep qualitative analysis of the Philippines defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porters Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 7
1.1. What is this Report About? 7
1.2. Definitions 7
1.3. Summary Methodology 9
1.4. About Strategic Defence Intelligence 11
2. Executive Summary 12
3. Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities 13
3.1. Current Market Scenario 14
3.1.1. Primary threat perception 14
3.1.2. Military doctrine and strategy 15
3.1.3. Military fleet size 16
3.1.4. Procurement Programs 22
3.1.5. Social, political and economic environment and support for defense projects 23
3.1.6. Political and strategic alliances 24
3.2. Defense Market Size Historical and Forecast 25
3.2.1. The Philippines defense budget to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 12.49% 25
3.2.2. Tensions in the South China Sea and modernization initiatives to drive the defense industry 27
3.2.3. Defense budget as a percentage of GDP to remain at an average of 0.87% over the forecast period 28
3.3. Analysis of Defense Budget Allocation 30
3.3.1. Share of capital expenditure will increase over the forecast period 30
3.3.2. Capital expenditure is anticipated to record a forecast-period CAGR of 12.94% 32
3.3.3. The army accounted for the largest percentage share of the overall Philippines defense budget 34
3.3.4. Army defense expenditure to reach US$2.0 billion in 2022 36
3.3.5. Per capita defense expenditure to rise over the forecast period 40
3.4. Homeland Security Market Size and Forecast 41
3.4.1. The homeland security market will post a forecast-period CAGR of 9.12% 41
3.4.2. Illicit drug trade drives homeland security expenditure 43
3.4.3. The Philippines falls under the highly affected category in the terrorism index 44
3.4.4. The Philippines faces threats from terrorist organizations 45
3.4.5. The Philippines has a terrorism index score of 7.1 47
3.5. Benchmarking with Key Global Markets 48
3.5.1. The Philippines ranks among the worlds key global defense markets 48
3.5.2. The Philippines defense expenditure is relatively smaller than other Asia countries 50
3.5.3. The defense budget as a percentage of GDP to decline over the forecast period 51
3.6. Market Opportunities: Key Trends and Drivers 52
3.6.1. Multi-role aircraft 52
3.6.2. Diesel electric submarines 53
Enquire About This Report: https://www.marketresearchhub.com/enquiry.php?type=enquiry&repid=1370861
About Market Research Hub
Market Research Hub (MRH) is a next-generation reseller of research reports and analysis. MRH’s expansive collection of defense & Security industry reports has been carefully curated to help key personnel and decision makers across industry verticals to clearly visualize their operating environment and take strategic steps.
MRH functions as an integrated platform for the following products and services: Objective and sound market forecasts, qualitative and quantitative analysis, incisive insight into defining industry trends, and market share estimates. Our reputation lies in delivering value and world-class capabilities to our clients.
90 State Street,
Albany, NY 12207,